The Lost Vape CENTAURUS DNA250C is the newest high-end variable wattage box mod for 2020. Similar to the previous Paranormal DNA250C, Lost Vape has made a few key tweaks and changes to the aesthetics, making it more comfortable for the user experience.
The CENTAURUS DNA250C is a dual 18650 battery box that will fire up to 200W with a full and accurate temperature control suite. The key features of the DNA250C chipset are the Replay and Boost Mode. With the Replay Mode; the user is able to capture the "Perfect Puff" -- the same level and consistency with the selected puff. The Boost Mode functionality, increases the mod's power, allowing the user to fire faster and reach the desired output.
- Evolv DNA250C
- Dimensions - 91mm by 55mm by 26mm
- Dual High Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 1-200W
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.0ohm
- Temperature Output Range: 200°-600°F
- Modes: VW / TC / TCR / Curve / Replay / Boost
- Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Wire Compatibility
- Stainless Steel Chassis Construction
- Intuitive Firing Button
- 0.91" TFT Color Display Screen
- Bottom Hinged Battery Door
- MicroUSB Port - USB On-The-Go Power Bank Feature
- 510 Threaded Connection
- 1 x Lost Vape Centaurus Box Mod
- 1 x MicroUSB & Adapter
- 1 x User Manual
Pros & Cons of the Centaurus DNA250C
|High-End Design||Raised 510 (Doesn't Sit Flush)|
|DNA250C Chipset||Price: $160 - $199|
|Unique Color Panels w/ Leather|
|200W with Accurate TC Mode|
|Can Be Used as a Power Bank|
Appearance & Aesthetics
The presentation of the CENTAURUS DNA250C comes in a beautiful black box with a pull out design encasing the mod and accessories. You will also find a transparent paper with golden stars that states "Legendary Reborn". The unboxing of the CENTAURUS feels luxurious and is a one-of-a-kind experience.
The CENTAURUS is available in a variety of colors and styles -- Abalone Shell Series, Carbon Fiber Series, and 3-Limited Stabwood Series. The box mod is made of Stainless Steel with a high-quality leather grip and unique colored panels. I currently have the "Black/Ostrich-Chopped Carbon Fiber". This color scheme features a brushed/matte finish and a comfortable black leather grip for comfort in the hand. It's beautiful and luxurious with a classy feel. Aside from the beauty of the design, a subjective con is the elevated 510. Most users prefer the atomizer to sit flush, but since it's raised there will be a slight gap that is barely noticeable. Personally it's not an issue for me. The CENTAURUS will support atomizers up to 25mm's.
The noticeable difference between the Paranormal and CENTAURUS is the rounded curves. The CENTAURUS has more of straight edges than the rounded curves of the Paranormal. The bottom spring-loaded battery access door keeps the two 18650 batteries (sold separately) fully secured.
In order to take full advantage of the CENTAURUS is utilizing the DNA250C Chipset. The Evolv's Escribe Software allows you to fully customize your vaping experience. The user can customize the UI and modes, however; this is recommended for advanced users. If you're interested read up on the software and see if this something you want to learn and possibly experience.
- Watt Boost: Preheat functionality, allowing you ramp up the power mode faster.
- Watts: Classic wattage mode
- Replay: A consistent and performance puff for temperature control metals. For example, Kanthal/SS316L wire/coil will allow you the "perfect puff" every time.
- Temperature Control - Kanthal, SS430, SS316, Titanium, Nickel: Select the proper setting that supports the TC metal. The chipset will auto-detect the metal and allow you to vape.
Power Bank Functionality
The CENTAURUS DNA250C has the capability of turning into a power bank. Included in the box is a USB-adapter where you can charge your cell phone and other USB devices. Simply plug-in the adapter into the CENTAURUS and plug the cable into the other end. Of course, by doing this you will drain the batteries, but this neat feature gives you more options for the CENTAURUS.
The performance of the CENTAURUS DNA250C is unprecedented, however; if you currently own the Paranormal there isn't much of a significant change that's worthy of the purchase. If you're on the market for a high-end dual 18650 battery box mod, the CENTAURUS is a solid choice.